Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Lawyer for Centralia

A quick search on the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services’ Adult Family Home Locator shows 13 facilities in Centralia. Over 18 percent of the Centralia population is over 65, and the city has plenty going for it that makes it a good spot for people to settle down and retire. There is a farmer’s market during the summer months, a system of 15 parks and trails, and other attractions that make it a great place to live at any age.

Those looking for a nursing home in the Centralia area should know the resources available to them. The Lewis/Mason/Thurston Aging and Disability Resource Center is the local Area Agency on Aging that serves people in Centralia. You can reach it at 888-702-4464. also has a searchable database of nursing home facilities.

As much as we’d like to think that nursing homes serve as a haven and long-term respite for our aged loved ones, some residents do suffer from abuse or neglect. If your loved one is staying in a nursing home where the staff is abusive or neglectful or has dangerous or unsanitary conditions or questionable practices, call the call the Adult Protective Services (APS) program in your area. In Centralia, the APS office can be reached at 360-807-7150.

In addition, if your loved one sustained damages as a result of the abuse, you are encouraged to call a nursing home abuse and neglect lawyer at Ron Meyers & Associates PLLC at 844-920-2438 for counsel on pursuing financial reparation.

What are your options when your loved one has been abused?

When you know your loved one has been abused or neglected, you have several options. If the abuse originated from one specific staff member, but you still like the facility, you can report the event to the administration in hopes they deal with the employee. If the employee is terminated, you may decide to keep your loved one at the facility, albeit with a much more watchful eye. If the nursing home’s facilities, practices and staff are questionable, it may be better to look for a new home altogether.

You also have the option to take civil legal action against negligent nursing home care providers. With adequate evidence and a staunch legal case, you can pursue recovery for a wide range of damages, from medical bills from injury to mental anguish from verbal abuse. Obtaining a settlement for damages will not only help you cover your loved one’s current bills related to the abuse, but also ensure that his or her future needs are taken care of.

If your family has been affected by nursing home abuse or neglect in Centralia, Ron Meyers & Associates PLLC can help. Ron will conduct an initial phone consultation after which he can travel to Centralia to pursue the case. Call our office today at (360) 459-5600.

10.0 Avvo Superb Rated
Million Dollar Advocates Forums member
NITA Master Advocate
Olympia Personal Injury Lawyers and Law Firm