If you or a loved one is injured or killed in a distracted driving accident, it’s important to know your rights and understand your options. Speaking to a personal injury attorney is the best way to ensure that you take the correct legal steps after a distracted driving accident. Particularly in a two-vehicle accident, you may be entitled to compensation, but there are obstacles that you will face along the way. Insurance companies will do a thorough investigation and try to avoid paying if possible.
Understanding Distracted Driving Cases
Olympia Distracted Driving Accident Lawyers
Distracted driving is any activity that may draw the driver’s attention away from the road. This can include texting or using one’s cell phone, watching videos, eating or drinking, talking to other occupants of the vehicle, changing the car stereo – anything that distracts the driver from watching the road while driving.
A distracted driving accident can be life-altering and devastating, both financially and personally. One moment you are living a normal life, the next you may be suffering from devastating injuries, facing mounting medical bills, and may be unable to work due to these injuries. Ron Meyers & Associates attorneys are here to help. Our personal injury lawyers are committed to fighting for you, to make sure you receive all the compensation you are entitled to.
Distracted driving accidents are some of the most common accidents that happen. Insurance companies receive claims for such accidents every day, and while reviewing these claims, they are much more concerned with who should be compensated and how much, rather than how this accident has affected your life. They often want to pay as little as possible, without concern for your personal health or well-being. This is unacceptable.
Our Approach to Distracted Driving Cases
At Ron Meyers & Associates PLLC, we understand the devastating impact that distracted driving accidents can have on victims and their families in Olympia, Washington. Our approach to handling distracted driving cases is focused on providing compassionate support, expert legal guidance, and a relentless pursuit of justice for our clients.
- Compassionate and Understanding: We recognize that a distracted driving accident can be a traumatic and life-altering experience. Our team of attorneys and staff is committed to providing a supportive and empathetic environment for our clients during this difficult time. We take the time to listen to your story, understand the full extent of your injuries, and the challenges you are facing.
- Thorough Investigation: Our experienced legal team conducts a meticulous investigation into the circumstances of the accident. We gather evidence, review police reports, obtain witness statements, and work with accident reconstruction experts if necessary. This comprehensive approach allows us to build a strong case on your behalf.
- Proving Liability: To recover rightful compensation, we focus on proving liability. Our attorneys are skilled in identifying negligent behavior that led to the distracted driving accident. Whether it was texting while driving, using a phone, adjusting the radio, or any other form of distraction, we work diligently to establish fault and hold the responsible party accountable.
- Navigating Insurance Companies: Dealing with insurance companies can be challenging, as they often try to minimize payouts. Our legal team is well-versed in handling insurance negotiations. We work strategically to ensure that your rights are protected, and you receive the full compensation you deserve for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
- Personalized Legal Strategy: Every distracted driving case is unique, and we tailor our legal strategy to the specific circumstances of your case. We work closely with you to understand your goals and concerns, keeping you informed at every step of the legal process.
- Trial-Ready Representation: While we strive to reach favorable settlements, we are always prepared to take a case to trial if needed. Our attorneys are seasoned litigators who are not afraid to advocate for your rights in the courtroom. We fight tirelessly to secure the best possible outcome for you.
- Client-Centered Approach: Your well-being is our top priority. We handle the legal complexities of your distracted driving case, allowing you to focus on your recovery and healing. Our legal team is available to address your questions and concerns promptly, ensuring you are fully supported throughout the entire process.
Free Case Evaluation
How Ron Meyers & Associates Can Help with Distracted Driving Cases
Distracted Driving Accident Attorney Olympia
If you have been in a distracted driving accident as the result of someone else’s negligence, we at Ron Meyers & Associates recognize that you are entitled to compensation for your injuries. These injuries can be life-altering, and may affect you for years to come, even in a minor accident. You may experience the effects of this accident for months or even years to come, as the injuries do not always present themselves immediately following the accident. As your personal injury lawyers, we will seek the maximum compensation because we know that you deserve to be paid for the damage caused.
Attorneys Serving Olympia & Western Washington
If you have been in a distracted driving auto accident, please contact our firm immediately. We know that it can be difficult to think clearly in the wake of a devastating accident, which is why we urge you to contact us and let us take over your case, so you can focus on what’s important – your health and your loved ones. Once we’ve discussed the accident and what has happened, we will get to work immediately. Our job is to focus on your financial recovery so you can give your full attention to recovering physically.
Frequently Asked Questions About Distracted Driving Cases
Distracted driving refers to any activity that diverts a driver’s attention away from the task of operating the vehicle safely. Common distractions include texting, using a phone or GPS, eating, adjusting the radio, talking to passengers, and more.
Proving distracted driving can be challenging, but our experienced attorneys are skilled in conducting thorough investigations in Olympia. We collect evidence such as cell phone records, witness statements, and surveillance footage, and work with accident reconstruction experts to establish the driver’s negligence.
If you were injured in a distracted driving accident, you may be eligible to recover various damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, property damage, and rehabilitation costs. In severe cases, you may also seek compensation for permanent disability or disfigurement.
In Washington, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims, including distracted driving accidents, is generally three years from the date of the accident. However, it is essential to act promptly and consult with an attorney to preserve your rights.
Before accepting any settlement offer from the insurance company, it is crucial to consult with an experienced attorney. Insurance companies often try to settle claims for less than they are worth. Our attorneys can help determine if the offer adequately covers your damages or if negotiation or litigation is necessary.
If the distracted driver was operating a company vehicle, the driver and the employer may both be liable for the accident. Depending on the circumstances, you may be able to pursue a claim against the driver and the employer for compensation.
It is not uncommon for at-fault drivers to deny responsibility. Our attorneys are skilled negotiators and litigators who will work diligently to gather evidence and build a strong case to establish the other driver’s negligence and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Washington follows the rule of comparative negligence, which means you can still pursue a claim even if you were partially at fault for the accident in Olympia. Your compensation may be reduced based on your percentage of fault.
Distracted driving extends beyond handheld devices. Even using a hands-free device can be distracting and lead to accidents. If the driver was engaged in any activity that took their attention away from the road, they may still be considered negligent in causing the accident.
If the distracted driver involved in the accident is a minor, their parents or legal guardians may be held responsible for their actions under certain circumstances. In such cases, you may pursue a claim against the minor’s parents or guardians, seeking compensation for your injuries and damages.
Yes, you can seek compensation even if the distracted driver was a government employee driving a government vehicle. However, claims against government entities often have specific rules and shorter deadlines. It is crucial to consult an attorney experienced in handling claims against government agencies.
If the distracted driver fled the scene of the accident (hit and run), it can complicate the process of identifying the responsible party. In such cases, it is crucial to report the incident to the police immediately and seek legal assistance to explore all avenues for recovering damages.
Yes, if a loved one was killed in a distracted driving accident, you may file a wrongful death lawsuit against the responsible party. This lawsuit seeks compensation for the loss of your loved one, including funeral and burial expenses, lost financial support, and the emotional pain and suffering caused by their death.
If the at-fault driver does not have insurance or is underinsured, you may still have options to recover compensation. Your own uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage may provide coverage in such situations. Additionally, our attorneys can explore other potential sources of compensation, such as third-party liability or personal assets of the at-fault driver.